Here are some of the best food stories we came across this week:
- Just Label It Campaign is 1 Million Strong – A million Americans want the FDA to label GMO foods.
- The Daily Show on “Pink Slime”: Jon Stewart has a heart-to-heart with a cheeseburger about so-called “pink slime” (warning: contains language that some may find offensive).
- Selling Junk Food to Kids - Mark Bittman wonders about corporations’ constitutional right to market unhealthy food to children.
- Best Bet for Optimum Health: Dr. Andrew Weil says if he could offer just one piece of health advice, it would be this: “…Avoid refined, processed and manufactured foods. I believe that consumption of these foods, which provide the wrong kinds of fat and carbohydrates, underlies the obesity epidemic in the U.S. and presents a major threat to physical and emotional health.”
- Hungry for Change Documentary Debuts – View this new documentary from the team behind Food Matters for free online through the end of the day tomorrow, March 31. Here’s a preview:
Photo by Flickr user Jeff Hanway