Today we’re introducing a new feature here on the Clean Plates blog: The weekly roundup. Every Friday we’ll pull together a short list of great links that have made their way around the web in the past week, from food news to recipes, trend alerts and more… all, of course, through the Clean Plates lens of healthy and sustainable eating.
Without further ado – here are this week’s links:
- California is about to outlaw foie gras – but should it outlaw these 8 foods instead?
- Pumpkin pie smoothie, you say? ‘Don’t mind if we do.
- Speaking of pumpkins: Find out how to buy ethical Halloween candy.
- Could new food labels help fight the obesity epidemic in America?
- Lettuce serve you: Six Harlem bodegas now boost refrigerators full of veggies, thanks to The Healthy Bodegas Initiative.
Tell us, what’s the best food story you’ve read this week?
Photo via Jennifer Janviere on Flickr